Saturday, May 28, 2016

Day 10: Serve with Gratitude


DAY 10:
SERVE WITH GRATITUDE

READ: PSALM 103

David’s life was full of ups and downs. In Acts 13:22 we read that despite all the ups and the downs, David was a man after God’s own heart. This passage in Psalm 103 is written by David and comes from a deep place of gratitude.

When working with student groups who were working in the summer to do roofs, fences, painting etc, the question “Why are you doing this?” often came up. The answer that was given was simply – God gave me a gift. I’m serving you because I am grateful for the life I have with Him in my life…it brings me joy.

If you are a believer, you have already accepted the greatest gift that one can receive. You now have a chance to serve God with gratitude and show others that the gift you received can be theirs as well.
We sing a song at Risen Life called 10,000 Reasons. Here are the lyrics to the second verse:

You're rich in love and You're slow to anger
Your name is great and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find

We have so much to be grateful for. May we take this opportunity to serve the people of Guatemala as another opportunity to be grateful to an amazing God!

CHALLENGE: What are your grateful for in your life? What can you be thanking God for? Write some of these things down and praise God for his unending love and grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment