Monday, May 16, 2016

The Work is Only Beginning

To read the original post on the Hungry for Life website click here.

This post by Sean

Every morning we have a word of the day that we should focus on throughout the day.  Today the word was celebration. Ecclesiastes 3 reminds us that there is a time for everything. We have spent the last week working very hard to help build a house, stoves, and a church. While I have been reminded and feel that rest and celebration is well deserved, it feels different.  I want to celebrate.  I want to enjoy a job well done, but the job isn't done.  The church building isn't finished and there are more people than I can count whose every day reality is a poverty that I can't imagine.  It is for this reason that I am grateful for Iglesia Galilea and Pastors Merari and Tono.  This church has loved on us and shown us how easy it is to love others and share the Gospel in the process.

Today we walked through the city of Antigua as tourists.  We purchased souvenirs for loved ones and coffee to bring back home. We enjoyed a great meal at a restaurant that is worlds away from places like Zapote and Membrillal.  We took pictures and spent the day in celebration.  I am proud of our team.  I am proud of the work that we have done here.  I am overjoyed that our hosts are just as thrilled as we are with the work completed.  But here it is:  I want more.

I want the passion for the Gospel to be spread in Guatemala and back home.  I want to see lives changed.  I want to spend my life doing things that matter for the Kingdom.  I want to see through God's eyes and be the hands and feet of Christ.  I want our church to be emboldened and empowered by the Gospel and be willing to reach more and more.

Our team is on a mountaintop right now.  I recognize that.  But from this mountaintop I can see the next peak and it is a place that I want to be.  While we eagerly anticpate flying home tomorrow to see our loved ones, I am just as eager to continue the work that God has started in me here in Guatemala.  Our work in Guatemala is done for now but our work at home starts tomorrow.  I pray that you will join our team and be just as eager to reach Salt Lake City as we have been to reach out to Guatemala.
We're coming home.  Let's get to work.








No comments:

Post a Comment