Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Wednesday: We raise the roof and still need better titles


Today a couple of us rubbed down beams with gasoline for quite a while so please humor me here, I’ve lost some brain cells. It was amazing to watch the roof start to go up, when the beams made it into the air I was so filled with joy to see how far this team has come. We have made huge strides on the second story of the school as well and it is amazing to watch everyone come together and get so much done. I was able to go hand out tracts for the second time today and walking around Membrillal really is an eye-opener to the poverty of Guatemala. But I keep repeating to myself the lyrics “Raised to life, our God is able.” God can raise the beams to this roof without a crane, God can give us funds to be able to even come to Guatemala, and God can reach the hearts of both those we are ministering to, but also us.
The VBS was amazing as well. I was with the K-2nd graders and we had quite a few children… and it was incredible. There was so much joy in each one and they were so fun to be around. The entire experience could be described by “amazing” and “utter confusion”. I had zero idea what most kids were trying to tell me but it was one of the greatest experiences. The children are so happy and I’m already excited for tomorrow! With handing out the tracts I had the chance to see the homes most of these children live in and how they don’t eat much nutritious food. But they had so much joy and I saw so many smiles, truly the love of God shines through them.
With love, Madeline Smith

Well the day started early for a few of us, awakened by the shifting of the all the beds at the same time about 430 am.  Later we found out it was an earthquake.    Then we started the day an hour earlier to try and get as much of the roof done before we broke for VBS.  I have found that I have a very hard time welding vertically and not the greatest at welding on a flat surface either. But I welded on.  As the trusses were finished they were painted and I learned that Samantha is a great painter.  Then came the moment of truth putting the first truss into place, and must say that was an interesting adventure.  It worked and fit, wow GOD IS GOOD.
Then went up number two while others walked the neighborhood passing out invitation cards, welding the third one, and setting some blocks.  Team work is a great thing I was amazed how 18 people from all different talents, ages, and walks of life work together like a well oiled machine.   GOD IS GOOD!
The afternoon brought the part of the trip I have been looking forward too VBS, some of you may think that is strange for me to be looking forward to VBS rather than working but this trip has been strange for me too.  Working together as a team to teach 75 kids about creation was no easy feat but it was a blast.  I am looking forward to tomorrow at 3pm when it starts again.   GOD IS GOOD!
Please be praying for the team for safety, Gods guidance with VBS, and that we will give Him the glory for everything.  
Corby Talbot















































6 comments:

  1. Love this update and the smiles on those kiddos faces! Praying for y'all tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing the impact you're having on these children. I miss you guys but am proud of all the hard work you're putting in. Keep it up guys, we're praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that CBS went so great. Love the pictures of all of you with the kids! Praying for safety, strength, good health and for God to break the language barrier with the children as you speak life!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did the printers work out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures ... and even better blog titles!

    ReplyDelete